Monday, November 10, 2008

9-month appointment

Olivia had her 9-month well-baby checkup today, and her pediatrician seemed really happy with her weight gain, etc. Her stats:

weight: 19 pounds 4 ounces (60th percentile)
length: 30 inches (98th percentile)
head circumference: 45 centimeters (80th percentile)

So in summary, she's a long, lean baby with a pretty big noggin. :)

He encouraged me to keep plugging away with solid foods despite all the gagging, so today I got brave and gave her some mashed up black beans and shredded cheese (we had burritos for lunch). She seemed happy to eat both, and didn't gag once. Maybe next I'll start giving her whole Cheerios instead of breaking them into tiny pieces. Yeah, I know how to live on the wild side!

I was also advised that I need to start breaking her of the habit of her 3- or 4-a.m. feeding. I would like nothing more than to sleep through the night, but I'm wimpy and don't want to deal with her crying, either. Hopefully once she learns to sit down from a standing position, she'll have an easier time just going back to sleep. Of course, add teething to the mix and that changes everything.

I'm already starting to plan her first birthday party -- I even bought her party dress last week!

1 comment:

Betseeee said...

What, no link the party dress? I want to see what Miss long-and-lean will be wearing. :) And I wouldn't be surprised if she drops that night feeding on her own in the next couple of months. That's what mine did, and she seems a lot like they were at that point. It was a lot easier to wait it out than to force the issue. And if it comes down to it, there are gentler ways than just the "no soup for you!" approach, so don't get too worried.