Friday, March 26, 2010

a big week

Some good news: thanks to some seriously awesome and generous friends/family, I've been able to raise a little over $1000 for Hear Indiana! If you want to donate, you can do so at my page: http://talkwalkrun.kintera.org/jogforogg

Some not so good: Yesterday we were at the audiologist, and I told her that I'd signed up. She's tall, super thin and fit, and she made a face when I mentioned it. She said something like, "Oh. Wow. Yeah ... I ran that last year, and it was REALLY hard. It's all hills." Hills, you say? This does not sound promising. I went back to the 5k website and noticed they describe the course as "challenging" and "hilly." Is it too late to revert from couch-to-5k to just the couch portion?!

The audiologist retubed Audrey's hearing aid, and it fits SO much better now. Instead of flying over the top of her ear at the slightest movement, it stays where it's supposed to. I think I'll be much more compliant with having her wear it if I'm not having to adjust it every minute.

Audrey found her feet this week, started working on blowing raspberries, and is making a ton of new sounds - she's very chatty. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with her hearing aid or not. They can't do additional testing until she's 6 months old, so we'll just have to observe and see how she does.

Olivia seems to be teething despite supposedly already having her 2-year molars -- lots of drooling/chewing on things, plus a bonus dose of whining for good measure. Tylenol seems to be helping, so hopefully it'll pass quickly. She seems so grown up to me lately. Her sentences are getting even more complex, and she can climb up the slide in the backyard by herself and has also started jumping. She's still a baby in some ways, though: loves her paci and blanket, wants to be rocked every night before bed. I don't mind.

No comments: