Saturday, January 26, 2008

compulsions

I woke up this morning thinking about cleaning.

If you know me, you know this is out of the ordinary for a few reasons:

-- I have a few anal retentive/perfectionist tendencies (that's putting it mildly), so if I can't do something perfectly, I often don't bother at all (see: past failed attempts to learn to play the bass, sewing, cake decorating, etc.).

-- I seem to be missing the domestic gene that a lot of people have. I would rather do most anything than clean the house. I'm also lousy at grocery shopping and making meals. My poor husband.

Anyway, not only did I think about cleaning today ... I actually cleaned. And not just a quick wipe of the countertops. We're talking that and more. I even shined the stainless steel sink with lemon oil and wiped down all the cabinets. Weird, yet oddly satisfying.

Could this be nesting, or is my month off work pre-baby causing me to be a little OCD?

1 comment: