Thursday, February 28, 2008

3 weeks old

Our little peanut is three weeks old! She already looks so different and huge to me. Everyone said she looked like me when she was born, but she pretty clearly looks like Daddy now.

She's starting to get a little more interactive already and is at her most happy and alert immediately after eating (sounds familiar ;). She occasionally coos, though it's probably more of a fluke at this point than anything else. Among other hilarious facial expressions she makes in her sleep, she also smiles, giving us a preview of what the real thing will look like in the next few weeks. I can't wait -- I'm pretty sure it'll be the most heart-melting thing ever.

It's amazing how quickly the days pass, yet how little I get done. And even more shockingly, how little I care that nothing is getting done. Even getting online, my ultimate vice, takes a back seat. My days consist of holding her, washing bottles, feeding her, changing her diaper, repeat x 100. Somehow the monotony isn't monotonous, and I'm constantly surveying our house to see what we can sell so I can stay home with her.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is beautiful~! It's so sweet to read your experience in these first days.

Molly said...

Katie, she is surely my favorite little girl right now! I love the updates and the photos.