Wednesday, December 24, 2008

first Christmas, first goose egg

We went to Dan's family Christmas today. Olivia was the life of the party once she warmed up to everyone -- I'm constantly amazed by what a social girl she is.

During the chaos of gift opening, one of the kids tripped while carrying her new (very large and heavy) toy keyboard and fell, first bashing me in the head and then hitting Olivia. She screamed for a few minutes, but then settled down. My head stung for at least half an hour, so I can only imagine how her poor little noggin felt. She's got a goose egg on her head, too. :( She liked all her gifts, but seems to prefer the wrapping and tissue paper to the actual gifts. I'm not really surprised!

Her favorite word is still "hi," though she's slowly adding words to her list:
book
box
bird
bear
bottle
duck

You'll notice there are a lot of B words on the list--I know it sounds strange, but she has a different pronunciation for each one. She's also started giving hugs when you say, "Where's my hug?" or asking her to hug someone. She gave Dan's niece a big hug tonight, and multiple hugs to the girl who hit her with the keyboard. It's incredibly cute. Christmas Day stories and pictures to follow tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sheilah said...

Oh no!! Poor little thing! Hope her head is better (and yours too, by the way). Looking forward to the pictures!