Sunday, April 13, 2008

I never

Pre-kids, I always used to scoff and say I would never do certain things. I'm finding that when it comes to parenting, never say never.

Most embarrassingly, I'll confess that I've become one of those parents. I'm not proud of it, but I have sniffed the baby to see if her diaper needs changing. Gah. Hey, when they're that little, it's not always immediately evident, and you don't want to stress them out by fiddling with their outfits only to be fooled by a false alarm, right?

And even worse (as if it's possible to top diaper sniffing), I have dug baby boogers from her nose ... with my bare hand. Sometimes you just do what you have to do. I don't recognize myself these days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ewwwwwwwww! Ew Ew ew! ;) I love your new font title, by the way.

Sheilah said...

I know exactly what you mean, KT! I always said I would never have a disgusting car full of gnarly food crumbs from a snacking toddler. Uhh, ahem...wait! What's that sound?

((dustbuster fiercely sucks up crumbs in background))