Friday, October 3, 2008

I think this calls for a parade.

She slept through the night. Wait, this is cause for shouting: SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!

She's just a week shy of 8 months (note to all you moms of babies who started sleeping through the night at 2 months: shhhhhhhh. You can just keep that bit of trivia to yourselves.). She stayed in her crib from when I went to bed around until 8 a.m. We put her down for the night around 8:30, but she woke up at 9:30 crying. Daddy went up with a bottle, rocked her, and she was back out within minutes. Then around midnight, she was awake and sort of talking/doing her little singing thing: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. UHHHHHHHHHHH. Uhhhhhhhh. Uh! I decided (more out of sheer exhaustion than sleep training) to not get up and get her unless her singing escalated to crying, and drifted off to sleep. She miraculously got herself back to sleep on her own, which very very rarely happens.

Of course, I didn't get to enjoy a night of solid sleep. I woke up practically every hour, thinking I'd heard her. At 4 a.m., I even got up, made a bottle, tiptoed into her room, realized she was still out cold (ok, I admit that I made a little noise to make sure she moved) and went back to bed. I didn't put the bottle in the fridge, thinking that surely she'd be up before the 2-hour bottle freshness window ended. Nope. So a bottle goes to waste, but I don't really care. She slept!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sitting here with lit sparklers!! Hurray for the O and her new sleeping skillz!

Vanessa said...

Awesome awesome awesome! Now, can she come teach Owen a trick or two?