Thursday, September 4, 2008

sitting up

She's been doing a funny little pose lately:

I really wanted to put her in her little tankini on a beach towel for this, but as soon as I thought of it, she stopped doing it. Too slow, I guess!

Last night, I put her down in her crib asleep around 8 p.m. My feet hadn't even hit the final step when I heard her already awake. I sighed, turned on the video monitor, and kicked back to wait a bit to see if she'd fall asleep on her own. Within a few minutes, I couldn't see her on the monitor and went upstairs to investigate. I found her sitting up in her crib, happily playing with her blanket. Apparently she learned a new skill and felt the need to practice it immediately. This cycle of bottle/rocking to sleep/put in crib/spring awake/sit up continued off and on for three exhausting hours and then she was finally out for the night. Phew.

And I of course have video evidence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZplXXqzvb4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at her little pointed toes! She's ready to rock the floor exercise. :D