Sunday, September 28, 2008

sleep, glorious sleep!

Olivia went to bed at 11pm last night (which was way too late, but we had an overstimulating day of attending her cousin's birthday party and lots of attention from the in-laws, plus a too-late-in-the-day nap in the car on the way home) and didn't wake up until 6:15 a.m. SEVEN HOURS! I woke Dan up when I heard her, saying, "Do you see what time it is?!" He just grunted and went back to sleep. ;)

I was thinking she'd be up for the day, but when I picked her up she put her head on my shoulder -- which my active girl never does unless she's zonked -- then sucked down her bottle and conked back out again until 8:45 a.m. I know I need to get her on a better/earlier waking schedule so that she'll go to bed earlier, but it was a cool morning and my warm bed was calling. I'm a bad/lazy mom, what can I say? Ha! Anyway, I can only hope that an earlier bedtime and true sleeping through the night is just around the corner. At nearly 8 months old, I think it's about time ... but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

We're going to take her to a pumpkin patch in the next couple of weeks to get our pumpkins, see some farm animals, and maybe go on a hayride. I think she'll really enjoy all of it. I love how aware she is of everything. This morning she pointed to a chipmunk on the porch and did her little "what's that?" noise: "Uh? Uh?" So funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for sleep! Tell Miss Olivia I am very proud of her. =D

Can't wait to see the punkin patch pictures. <3