Monday, January 19, 2009

baptism

Olivia's baptism was Sunday. She skipped her morning nap and was a bit squirmy and fussy through the whole thing. At the end, I realized I was sweaty from my baby-wrangling efforts.

She didn't like the water:
But made a decent recovery:
She was fascinated by the candle:
And afterward, in a pretty good mood and hanging out with Fr. Mike:
My sister hosted an awesome lunch at her house afterward for all of us -- homemade minestrone and chicken salad on croissants, plus an apple bundt cake with ice cream. Mmmm. It was a nice day despite the nap-skipping. ;)

I didn't get many photos of her in her cute dress, so I put it back on her today:


And a close-up, just because she's cute. :)

4 comments:

Joe said...

Great pictures. Congrats to you all!

IrishNYC said...

Congrats Olivia! She looks adorable.

Sheilah said...

Beautiful pictures, Katie!! I love her "so big" photo. It sounded like a wonderful day. You looked beautiful!

Sarah Layden said...

she did so well that day! we were so proud to be part of it. great pictures!