Saturday, January 10, 2009

teething, signing, puking

The title of this post pretty much sums up Olivia's day. :p

Teething: it looks like the two teeth on either side of her front teeth are making their way in. Still no sign of a fourth tooth on the bottom yet, but hopefully it'll show up eventually. I actually had someone at Target tell me that teeth are supposed to come through in pairs, and if the tooth to the right of her two bottom center teeth hasn't already come in, she probably won't get a tooth there. Uhhh ... thanks, lady? I think the asymmetry is pretty adorable.

Signing: After getting the awesome Baby Signing Time DVD and doing a few signs for a couple of weeks, Olivia did her first sign this weekend! She must take after me, because she was eating and did the sign for "more." ;) At first I thought it was a fluke, but she did it again when Dan came home and has been doing it all weekend. She's also pretty good at the point-lean-and-grunt method of getting what she wants, which is how I realized she wanted another graham cracker tonight. I'm trying to get her signing on video, so hopefully I'll have something to upload soon.

Puking: Is it horribly mean and unsympathetic to say that I'm really glad I wasn't home when it happened? I was at Carter's checking out their clearance (and also eyeing the crazily cute spring stuff), and when I got home, Olivia was wearing a new outfit and sucking on her pacifier (which she rarely does other than at bedtime). Dan says, "We had ... a little incident." Apparently he gave her some apple cinnamon oatmeal to start off her dinner, then moved right into this really stinky jarred cheese/broccoli/carrots concoction by Gerber. She had eaten some the other day without incident (although the smell of the stuff was making *me* want to hurl), but apparently the abrupt switch from sweet to ... that ... was too much to bear. Major gagging ensued, followed by what was described as a volcanic spew. Ack. Not really sorry I missed that! Anyway, she didn't seem bothered by what happened at all, and she ate a pretty good second dinner before bed.

Here she is in her Indiana University sweatsuit (which Dan's parents bought for her for Christmas, though neither of us attended college there), pre-vomit:

Oh, and if you haven't already, check out the video to the left (the thumbnail has a Christmas tree in it) -- she's standing up like crazy these days. Does this mean she'll be walking by her birthday next month? Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Asymmetry is charming! Owen's fourth top tooth came in two months after the third popped through.

She's getting so good on her feet! I bet she's even better now!

Isn't the signing neat? Owen used to sign more but he prefers the point and grunt approach. Hey, it works, right?