Friday, June 27, 2008

magic numbers: five and four

Last night, Olivia slept in her pack n' play for five straight hours. Yes, you're reading that correctly. Cinco! When she woke up at 4 a.m., I gave her a bottle and had her in bed with us until 8 a.m., when she got all squirmy and I put her back in the PNP. She then slept until 10 a.m. Woo hoo! Sadly, what should have been blissful sleep was not because of that weird back issue I'm having, but painful sleep is definitely better than none. I have an appointment with a sports medicine/chiro in early July. I hope she can do something for me. I mean, I know I'm an older mom, but I don't want to be an old mom.

Our dainty eater has also suddenly gone from barely eating two ounces at a time to guzzling four ounces in one sitting. I'm hoping that a fuller stomach will help her sleep longer stretches. Perhaps the 4-month wakefulness period is coming to an end as she nears her 5-month birthday. We'll see ...

In case you didn't know, toes make a super-tasty snack!

No comments: