Friday, June 13, 2008

rain and more rain

It seems like it's been nonstop, though I guess it was sunny here yesterday. I'd planned to hit Target today to get out of the house for a bit (and pick up a Father's Day card for Olivia to give Dan), but it's pouring and looks like more bad weather is on the way. The last time I took her out when it was raining, I ended up looking like a drowned rat and got more "What kind of mother are you, dragging your baby out in this?" looks than I care to remember. I guess we're housebound for the afternoon, anyway.

Tonight we're going to my cousin's house for a poker night -- lots of people there will have their kids along, so it should be fun. The last time we went to their poker night, I was 5 days away from my due date and could barely keep my eyes open past 10 p.m. Dan finally took pity on me and went all in on a bad hand so we could head home. Or at least that was his excuse for losing. ;)

Better go -- the UPS guy just rang the doorbell and got a look at me sitting here in my bathrobe with my hair up in a towel, glamour queen that I am. Off to dry my hair while O is still sleeping ...

No comments: