Wednesday, July 2, 2008

only slightly caloric ...

Yesterday Olivia and I met a friend at PF Chang's downtown for lunch. She did great, chattering away and trying to grab everything on our table. I had to leave my stroller near the hostess desk, and the whole time we were there I kept picturing someone making off with it. Last I heard, there's not a big stroller theft problem here in Indianapolis. :p

Eating out while doing Weight Watchers is always a little challenging for me, especially because I'm a big fan of 1) really naughty foods and 2) really giant portions. I considered getting a steamed veggie entree without rice, but then thought better of it and got a lunch order of my favorite thing, crispy honey chicken. I ordered brown rice instead of white, and then only ate half of everything.

When I got home, I checked out the nutritional information on their website (kudos to them for actually making it public! Lots of places don't do it) and scrolled down to the dessert section. Have you tried their Great Wall of Chocolate cake? It's really, really good. And enormous. We got a piece when I was pregnant, and even my gluttonous self took a couple of days to polish it off with the help of my husband. Anyway, that one piece of cake contains -- are you ready for this? -- 2237 calories, 90 grams of fat, and 13 grams of fiber. In WW terms, that's 51 points, or about the number of points I get over the span of two days. I have a hard time figuring out how a slice of cake can have 90 grams of fat. Do they inject the layers with pure lard? Whatever they do, it's really tasty.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, you know?

No comments: