Thursday, July 31, 2008

another tooth on the way; solids update

I think her second bottom tooth is peeking through today. She hasn't seemed overly fussy or anything, just drooly and chewing on everything like usual. As soon as they're out enough that they can be caught on film, I'll get a picture posted.

So, solid food. I thought it would be so much fun feeding her and that she'd gobble everything down with unabandoned glee. Yeah, not so much. In a nutshell:

rice cereal? hated.
sweet potatoes? hated, though between gags she seems a bit more accepting lately.
oatmeal? hated.
avocado? reeeeeeally hated.

And oof, the mess. Cleaning sticky, stinky, gooey sweet potatoes from every possible crevice in her body is less than appealing. I need to plan to just feed her at night and then hose her down later. As my mom said, does any get in her mouth?

I call this picture "sweet potato mugshot":

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

hah! That photo is awesome. Give pears a try. It's the only thing Owen seems to like. I hear they have to sample something 12-15 times before they decide if they actually like it or not ... but am I going to give O avocado 15 times in a row? I think not!

Sarah Layden said...

this pic cracked me up. She's usually such a smiley, happy baby! But she's clearly having none of the sweet potato.

Molly said...

She looks so over sweet potatoes! I love it!