Thursday, May 8, 2008

another day down

Apparently staying busy is the key to making the time pass quickly. We did a lot today: went to the post office to pick up the package that was waiting there, headed to Starbucks so I could self-caffeinate, and shopped at Babies R Us. We got home around noon and I realized O's pediatrician appointment was at 1:15, so I gave her a sponge bath (bathing her alone in her tub takes way too much time when I attempt it alone), got her dressed, and we were back in the car again.

She's 25" long and 11 pounds 15 ounces. The pediatrician was impressed that she's already rolled, and said she's on target for all of the things she should be doing (cooing, smiling, making eye contact, etc.). At the 2-month appointment I was told that she wouldn't have to have a shot again until 4 months, but apparently that wasn't correct info. She had to get the second part of her hepatitis B shot. It wasn't as traumatic (for me) as it was the last time, probably because I didn't have a lot of time to stew about it.

After her appointment we headed home and hung out around here for a bit, then packed up a bunch of stuff and went to my parents' house for dinner (the first real meal I've had in at least a week!). My aunt and uncle stopped by for a couple of hours so they could meet her, which was fun -- they told lots of funny stories about me, my sister, and my cousins when we were babies. I stayed over there way too late, chowing on peach pie a la mode and watching my parents play with Olivia.

Now we're home, she's in her swing but not sleeping, and I am ready for bed. I think she has other plans for tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have done so great on your own w/out Dan! I'm really glad O's appt went so well. She is a gifted child already!