Saturday, May 3, 2008

missing the mini

This time last year, I was trudging my way through the 13.1-mile Indianapolis Mini Marathon. It was the fourth year in a row that I walked in it ... this year was to be my fifth. I was so pumped full of adrenaline after finishing that I immediately signed up for this year. And then, the following week, I got pregnant.

It's not so much that my body wouldn't be able to do it -- I feel pretty recovered at 3 months, though I'm still towing around a good 30 pounds I'd like to shed. I just haven't had the time to get out and walk regularly. I laugh now when I remember asking some friends if I'd be able to do the Mini at 3 months post-partum. They all said I would probably feel fine, but no one bothered to mention the toll of chronic lack of sleep or just not having time to exercise during the day, never mind shower or wash bottles or do laundry.

There's always next year ...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You'll do it! Just take it slow, though, superwoman!