Thursday, May 15, 2008

a new twist on basic black

Yesterday I threw on a black t-shirt -- classic, comfy, and one of the very few pieces in my wardrobe that actually fits these days. Within an hour or two of putting it on, I got a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was horrified at what I saw: big wet spots on both shoulders from drool and droplets of milk in a splatter pattern down my front, all complimented by a smattering of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese stains (the result of trying to eat left-handed while holding a sleeping baby). I remember the days when I could dash out of the house without having to thoroughly inspect myself in the mirror. I never did that, of course, as I've never been one to go out in public in sweatpants or without at least a hint of makeup.

Pre-Olivia, I used to laugh at the Suave "Motherhood" commercial (go to
http://www.suave.com/, click Our Story, then Advertising, and watch "Anthem") and think that could never be me. Oh, but it can. And it is. Minus the dog and multiple kids, of course.

No comments: