Monday, August 25, 2008

from ba ba ba to blah blah blah

Olivia continues to babble away. This weekend she started sticking her tongue out while doing so, which turned her "ba ba ba" into more of a "blah blah blah" sound. I need to get it on video, because it's pretty hysterical. She's really exercising her voice a lot, taking every opportunity to yell, "AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" over and over and over at top volume. Last week while lunching at the Nordstrom cafe with a friend, the hostess came over and mentioned that she could hear Olivia all the way across the restaurant. I think she does it to get people to look at her, because she'll just grin when someone looks her way after she does her fake cough or the loud yell. Tonight she was yelling as we took a walk through the neighborhood -- it was like she was trying to get people to come out of their houses or something. What a riot.

I think I'm going to refrain from writing anything about her sleeping habits, because every time we make a little progress and I say something about it, things end up going downhill fast. For now, I'll just say that things could be worse, but they've also been a little better. ;)

We're having her 6-month pro photos taken tomorrow at the same place that did the 3-month pics. Depending on whether I can pull myself together enough to be presentable, I might try to overlook my hatred of being photographed and duck into a few shots. I have almost no photos of me with Olivia because Dan never takes pictures, and it bums me out. I guess I can at least let the photog take some pictures of us, and then just not order them if I look too hideous. I'm like Chandler on that episode of Friends when he goes for his engagement pictures: he looks normal until the photo is taken, and then he ends up with this forced, fakey smile or bizarre expression every time. See: my driver's license, my Costco membership card, my YMCA membership card ...

Here she is playing with one of her favorite things, a swim diaper with Dora the Explorer on it. Who needs toys?!



And modeling her new tutu:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss the days when I could just sit in the middle of a restaurant and yell AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa to my heart's content. She looks just so adorable in that tutu! Happy 6 months!

Vanessa said...

Love the tutu!